The internet has truly opened doors for all artists, and has been a major disruptive force for the foundations of the traditional music marketing and distribution model. Aralie, is one of those companies that is shaking those foundations as the industry treads on new ground. Just before Christmas (2008), Version 3 was launched.
“Aralie.com was created to support independent artists, by giving them a free market place to sell and promote their music.”, as per quoted on the company mission statement. The company does have a philosophy that will potentially place them with a unique offering, in a rapidly increasing competitive market. “We are dedicated to helping small artists by doing anything we can to help them get exposure, gigs, sponsorship, and interviews.”
Founder & CEO Wyatt Ferguson made the following announcement regarding the new version released;
“Aralie.com 3.0 is here, we’ve added a ton of new features to give our artists even more control over their music. Some of the new features are:
* Video – Artist can now add videos from youtube, vimeo, and any other online video sharing service.
* Photos – You can now add photo albums and tag photos on your artist profile.
* Calendar – Keep your fans in the loop with a new show calendar on your artist profile page.
* Blogs – Share anything your heart desires with our new embedded blogs for artists.
* Improved stats and press kit – You now have access to much deeper stats about your music and purchases to optimize your profit. Also you can upload a press kit to your profile to give the media a full view of your band in one convenient place.
* Better Google search rankings for artists – This will give our artist pages more hits and more plays with a ton of behind the scene enhancements to give all our artists better search engine rankings.
* Multiple song uploads and tracks can be arranged – You can now upload multiple songs to your profile at once and quickly reorder and arrange them.
* Improved browsing and searching of artists – Last but not least, better more efficient searching and browsing of our artists.
Also we will be adding a full member service, with some ground breaking new music sharing and promoting tools in the coming weeks.”