First stop: Hotel California!
The concept of touring locations,clubs, venues and studios where music legends have created moment in history is one that could almost be like a religious pilgrimage to many of us passionate about music. Martin Contempree, (One of the “C’s” in CCEntertainment – a Music Producers Forums media & promotional partners) is driving this innovative concept with the Rock and Pop tours. The very first tour is kicking off in April (2010) to the “City of Angels”, including a tickets to the legendary Eagles in concert. Contempree says, “its the chance to meet the real people behind the music: recording artists, engineers, producers, session musos, venue owners and some living legends of the music biz- people that made it all happen and are willing to share their stories.”.
Read on for the official announcement and link from Rock and Pop Tours
Sydney-: Rock and Pop Tours http://www.rockandpoptours.com is launching with the announcement of the first tour, ‘Good Vibrations Tour of Los Angeles’. This unique tour will hit the road from 16 – 24 April 2010 (8 nights and 9 days), taking in quintessential Californian music experiences in Hollywood, West Hollywood, Santa Monica and surrounds.
Rock and Pop Tours is also delighted to announce that the Good Vibrations tour group will attend The Eagles’ concert at the Hollywood Bowl on Tuesday 20th April.
Owned and operated by Martin Contempree and Ian Hunter Gray, Rock and pop Tours offers music fans the chance to delve behind the music industry: to hear the music live, taste the excitement and experience the iconic locations and famous venues where rock and pop history was created and still lives on.
Martin Contempree, passionate co-founder of Rock and Pop Tours enthuses, “Each of our tours will be a ‘one-off’ experience that will also feature different live music performances at famous venues. On a Rock and Pop Tour, as in rock ‘n’ roll; anything can happen! “
“Rock and Pop Tours is also fielding strong interest from the corporate sector for incentive groups, as our tours will inject an excitement and money-can’t-buy quality that is often lacking in corporate travel experiences”, Ian Gray adds.
Here are just some of the highlights of the ‘Good Vibrations Tour of L.A.’:
· Centrally positioned, ‘Super Seats’ to The Eagles’ concert at the Hollywood Bowl on their ‘Long Road Out of Eden’ tour. A first, as the Eagles have never played at the Hollywood Bowl.
· Exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of the Grammy Museum and The Gibson Amphitheater & Museum and the fabulous new L.A. Live Entertainment & Dining Complex in Los Angeles.
· Enjoy rock ’n’ roll-styled accommodation at the ‘Riot House’ Hyatt Hotel where rock ’n’ roll icons Jim Morrison and Little Richard once lived… Now a boutique 5-star property and still part of Hyatt family, it has been upgraded and renamed the ANdAZ West Hollywood but still retains many of the touches of its infamous musical past.
· Visit legendary music haunts such as Chateau Marmont, The Rainbow Bar & Grill, The Roxy, Viper Room, Whiskey A Go Go and many more…
· Attend two custom-designed music tours: Rock ’n’ Roll History of L.A. and modern sights and sounds of our ‘Urban L.A.’ tour.
· Many live gigs at various infamous music dens including The Troubadour, the House of Blues and more.
· Tour a legendary Recording Studio (ONLY available with Rock and Pop Tours) and lay down an original group track in a real recording session (no musical talent necessary!)
· SURPRISE meet’ n’ greets and exclusive artist performances.
· And much more to be announced!
For regular tour updates and more information on how to book a spot on tour, go to the website: www.rockandpoptours.com